On 20-24 September 2021 the 1st Block Seminar on Module 2 "Crop and Livestock Systems under Climate Change" was held on the premises of Buryat State Academy of Agriculture (Russia) and A. Baitursynov Kostanai Regional University (Kazakhstan). The Block Seminar was implemented in a hybrid format: participants from Russian partner universities joined in Buryatia and participants from Kazakhstan joined in Kostanai. The European scientists and experts joined the meeting online via Zoom.
The programme of the Block Seminar included:
- study trips to advanced agricultural enterprises of the region “Zhemchug” and “Sayansky Maral” farm;
- open discussions on topics related to climate change challenges and assessment of natural resources under climate change;
- discussion of research results reviewed in the scientific article and popular scientific films (Panel discussion): "Agriculture's Contribution to Climate Change and Role in Mitigation Is Distinct From Predominantly Fossil CO2-Emitting Sectors";
- lectures of EU scientists and Russian and Kazakhstani professionals; students' presentations on the topics of the Block Seminar;
- group work of doctoral students and case studies.
All the activities and events followed by a panel discussion and a round table "Challenges for the Future of Agriculture in a Changing Climate" where regional authorities, scientists and stakeholders exchanged their opinions and views on the agricultural issues under climate change. The block seminar was well structured and content related and was viewed as productive, efficiently organised and informative.Programme