The module describes the technical background of Smart Farming Systems and digital technologies used in agricultural production. When studying this module, doctoral students will explore the potential of Smart Farming methods in order to increase resource-efficiency of agricultural production and sustainability of farming systems. Furthermore, they will be able to evaluate, assess and discuss the resource efficiency of different agricultural production systems.
Professional, methodological and practical content is covered in the following topics:
- 1. Resource-efficient approaches for sustainable agriculture.
- 2. Digital technologies in agriculture and Smart Farming techniques.
- 3. Farm management information systems
- 4. Precision agriculture (crop farming and livestock breeding).
- 5. Agricultural automation and robotics.